Spring is in the air! Spring officially begins in the Northern Hemisphere on March 20, 2021. If you live in Texas, the weather we have had signals spring after the bizarre winter weather that visited us last month. We will take every bit of sunshine mixed with some winds, so long as we do not have any snow! Big “Happy Birthday” shoutout to my incredible husband. We celebrated his birthday Covid-19 style with some of his favorite food and outing. This post is a quick update on some of the inquiries that came through for the past two months. So here we go:
1. Covid-19 Healthy Mind Tips: This week marked the one-year anniversary of the pandemic. Friends have lost loved ones due to Covid-19. And the race to vaccinate anyone that needs and wants the Covid-19 vaccine is ongoing. Big thanks to all our medical personnel ensuring everyone that needs the vaccine can get one. Despite the on-going vaccination, many people still need help in coping with Covid-19 and all its related stress. The major mantra for coping with Covid-19 is, “Be Kind to Your Mind.” This kindness to your mind can take the form of taking frequent breaks from Covid related content, from news media and anything that heightens your stress level. By the way, these tips are great for post-Covid-19 to ensure your mental wellness. Take time to exercise, get fresh air, stay connected with family and friends. Most of all, reach out and seek help if you feel overburdened or unsafe in any way. Seeking help is wise.
2. TEKS Adoption: First, thank you to all Texans that participated in the review process of the Health Education and Physical Education curriculum standards last year. Your input during each step was vital to the success of the review process. Many of you have inquired about the status of the review. Great news! The Texas State Board of Education (SBOE) approved the health education and physical education TEKS for adoption at the November 2020 meeting. The new curriculum standards in Health and Physical Education (TEKS) will be effective August 1, 2022 and are scheduled to be implemented in our Texas public school classrooms beginning with the 2022-2023 school year. Click on the hyperlink to see the approved revised standards. With many extended hours of public comments, this was a well worth process by the SBOE and TEA and I was honored to serve our state and students alongside my fellow content advisors.
3. Aggie Women Network: Last week I had the distinct honor to serve as a panelist for the Aggie Women Network: First Thursday Speaker Series. I have loved connecting with new friends from that session. Because the session was filled with so many nuggets that are beneficial for any age group in any profession, I am sharing the link to the Zoom live recording for you to watch at your convenience. Click this hyperlink for First Thursday Speaker Series: Networking – Creating Your Beehive. If you know of any young person that could use this networking information, please pass it along. If you would like to receive the free infographic resource I shared at the event, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. World Education Summit: Shout out to all of you that have already informed me of your attendance at the premier World Education Summit organized by United Kingdom Osiris Educational. Excited we get to learn together at the summit. I am thrilled to serve educators at this summit sharing key life transforming truths on wellness. With over 200 speakers from around the globe, there is something for everyone, even if you are not an educator. Though the summit is virtual, speakers have different options to connect with you. I am looking forward to connecting with you for some portion of the wellness session. To my Texas friends, the Wellness Session is at 10:00am Central Standard Time. Visit the World Education Summit for registration details.
5. Weekly Bible Study: Covid-19 did not stop our Bible Study Community. We pivoted to a virtual community last March when the pandemic hit and we have been blessed as a community. The blessing of our pivot allowed for participation from different states and out of the country. It has been a great delight serving and connecting with believers from different backgrounds through our virtual Bible Study Community. We just concluded round one of the Spring semester Bible Study and gearing up for round two. I would love to serve you as we study and grow together in God's Word. Space is limited, so go register. Click on this hyperlink for more information on the 6 weeks study from the Book of Joel.
That's it for now dear friends! Until the next post, take care of yourself and stay healthy. Love & Blessings!!!
"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Psalm 16:11).
Please let us know of any broken links. Email us at email@example.com with details about the link. Thank you.
Daughter of the King, Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend, Mentor, & Educator who is enjoying the Blessed Life in Christ Jesus.